If you’re an experienced, responsible and proactive technician, we’ve got just the job for you. Based in Cambridge, this is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team at the forefront of surgical robotics by maintaining our buildings and facilities and helping us keep them in tip-top condition.
Naturally, you’ll be the first point of contact for any building related issues. Working closely with our Business Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out general building maintenance tasks across the CMR premises in support of the growth and adaption of facilities to enable the company to achieve its aims. This is likely to cover:
- Electrical work (wiring, fitting/replacing lighting, repair and fault-finding)
- Plumbing work (basic repair and fault-finding)
- Carpentry work (basic repair and modification as necessary)
- Painting and decoration
- Ensuring that the sites are kept clean, clear and safe at all times
- Assisting with installation and relocation of furniture, office and lab equipment etc.
- Assisting with transfer of equipment, files etc. into and out of storage facilities as necessary
- Driving equipment and personnel between sites and external venues in CMR vehicles
To join our dynamic team, you’ll be reliable, organised, responsible, a great team player and able to demonstrate appropriate experience. We’re also looking for these specific skills:
- Flexibility; you’ll be willing to take on new tasks as and when required
- Confident in liaising with external contractors as necessary
- You should be prepared whole-heartedly to do whatever is asked and required, even if outside of the specific job remit
- You’ll have at least 2 years driving experience
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
Cambridge Medical Robotics is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery, significantly enhanced flexibility, and incorporates haptic feedback to provide surgeons with life-like sensitivity. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.