As one of our Business and Professional Education Associates, you’ll play a key role in enabling surgical teams to make best use of the Versius surgical robotic platform. You'll provide effective professional education programmes and helpful, accurate and clear procedure information.
As a key member of a multi-disciplinary, world-class product development team, your responsibilities will include:
- Researching and developing professional education best practice within robotic surgical devices
- Design of professional education / training programs and in-surgery information
- Digesting technical content, and describing it to a clinical audience.
You’ll need to be enthusiastic about professional education, and how it can drive up the effectiveness of robotic or other technology deployments. You’ll enjoy working as part of a cross-functional team, interacting with clinicians, engineers, medical professionals, and business partners and ideally have some, or all the following:
- 1 year of experience writing, producing, organising, delivering & facilitating professional education programs (eg seminars, workshops, training programs) which you may have got through consultancy or teaching environments
- Knowledge of surgical environment, terminology, common surgical procedures
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Clear and concise writing and presentation style, particularly when describing technical content
- Comfortable working with highly technical material, and strong ability to present the complex in clear, simple terms
- Ability to research, gather, digest, and summarise technical material (both clinical and technical).
We’d also want you to have at least a 2.1 degree from a top university. A research degree (MPhil, PhD) would be an advantage.
Obviously, we’re asking for a lot in the above. In return we offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, private medical insurance, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
Cambridge Medical Robotics is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery, significantly enhanced flexibility, and incorporates haptic feedback to provide surgeons with life-like sensitivity. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.