- Supporting and developing automated build & test system and associated program management tooling
- Assisting in system architecture design deploying and looking after IT systems and services
- Implementation of configuration management solutions and keeping up to date with emerging technologies and tools.
We expect candidates to have an appropriate Computer Science, Maths or equivalent degree, with significant industry experience.
- Strong programming and scripting skills are essential, with an emphasis on Python, BASH, C++, C, SQL
- Familiarity with multiple platforms and operating systems – Linux and Windows Server; including custom Linux configuration
- Experience managing, supporting, and using CI/CT systems (preferably TeamCity)
- Familiarity with MS-SQL server, and associated schema design; Jira / Confluence would be advantageous
- Practical knowledge of Cloud deployment (eg AWS), and maintenance of physical servers
- The person should be enthusiastic, curious, energetic and proactive – and interested in what CMR is seeking to achieve
- Capable of coupling rigorous attention to detail with creative approach to problem solving
- The person will be a good team-player
- Recruiting to start as soon as available
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
Cambridge Medical Robotics is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery, significantly enhanced flexibility, and incorporates haptic feedback to provide surgeons with life-like sensitivity. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.