We’re looking for an electro-mechanical technician to join our team in Cambridge, helping with the manufacture and assembly of our state-of-the-art robotic joints. If you’re looking for a challenging role, where you can learn a range of skills on the job (from electronics, test and measurement through to precision mechanical assembly) then this could be a great fit for you.
You’d play a crucial role in our growing team, mainly responsible for:
- Assembly of electro-mechanical assemblies (ie robotic joints) from drawings
- Testing / commissioning of integrated electro-mechanical assemblies using custom in-house test suites
- Assembly and test of whole robotic arms
- Supporting the testing / commissioning / debugging of integrated robot arms, including documentation
Of course, you’ll be a careful, detail-focused kind of person, with some practical experience in high tech assembly or testing. You should be up for working as part of a close-knit team, have a strong work ethic, and be as keen as we are to produce work to the highest possible standard. We’d also like you to have:
- A can-do attitude to variety of tasks
- The ability to keep accurate records, eg serial numbers, test reports, etc
Ideally, you’ll also have experience in some or all of the below:
- Using of measurement equipment (eg calipers)
- SMD soldering skills on small components (eg 0402s / fine pitch QFNs), use of hot air pencils, hot plates etc
- Cable assembly skills (use of crimp tools, wire cutters and associated hand tools)
- Using test equipment such as bench power supplies, multi-meters, oscilloscopes
- Keeping a lab stocked with components and tools, and keeping lab tidy
- Management / maintenance of test and measurement equipment
Naturally you’ll have a relevant NVQ / BTEC qualification, at least 5 GCSEs at greater than C grade. Good written English is essential, as is the ability to use Microsoft Office suite tools, including Excel.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
Cambridge Medical Robotics is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery, significantly enhanced flexibility, and incorporates haptic feedback to provide surgeons with life-like sensitivity. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.