If you want to get into the amazing world of Med Tech - then this is the role for you. This role is focused on supporting and driving commercial excellence at CMR, and this is a unique entry position into the world of Med Tech sales, giving unparalleled insight to the sector.
You’ll work as part of the sales group with the remit to meet challenging sales targets in line with the company business plan. You will be part of a multi skilled team that will drive sales in a disruptive new business model, and report into the sales management structure. The role will give you the chance to learn and expand on critical commercial skills, with responsibilities including:
- Contributing to achieve the demanding commercial targets
- Working as part of a multi skilled commercial team to reach these goals
- Uncovering and creating new commercial opportunities
- Changing the paradigm of how robotic systems are sold within the healthcare arena
- Selling to health care providers and within healthcare structures and frameworks
- Helping to create long term relationships with all stakeholders within the healthcare arena
- Working (often) within the Operating Room environment to support the systems
- Creating the ultimate customer satisfaction ratings based on our unique approach
- Helping to disrupt how med tech companies sell into the complex healthcare market
You’ll be a graduate – for this role we are agnostic to the degree, what counts the most is the character of the individual. Can you sell yourself? We also expect you to be highly curious, outgoing and above all be able to demonstrate a self starter attitude. While no previous knowledge of the robotic surgery market is required, you’ll need to be able to demonstrate the ability to acquire and assimilate complex concepts quickly.
- You’ll be entering the operating room environment so we’re looking for team members that can face “The sight of blood”. No knowledge of hospitals is required, but you need to understand you’d face that environment (it’s not for everyone)
- You should be comfortable with standard Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel and Word) and be mobile device savvy
- You must be able to work in teams as this will be a fundamental part of the CMR approach to commercialising in this market
- You should be driven by learning, as this role will have a very steep and challenging learning curve
- You’ll be inherently self disciplined, as much of the role will be autonomous and require diligent and persistent follow up
- Sales is never 9 to 5, so you must be flexible in work hours, weekends and open to being called to action at short notice. This may include a degree of international travel.
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits package (including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, private medical, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
CMR has developed a next-generation surgical robotic system which will significantly increase the available range of procedures which can be performed by robotic assistance and in doing so will disrupt the market. In meeting our strategic goals, CMR will expand the existing market for surgical robotics which is already worth $2.4B/year. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery, significantly enhanced flexibility, and incorporates haptic feedback to provide surgeons with life-like sensitivity. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.
We’re hiring for this year as well as next – for 2017, send your CV in ASAP.
For 2018, closing date is 8 Dec 2017, with interviews in mid January 2018.
Interested? Then send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!