We have a great job for a dedicated, responsive and energetic IT support assistant as part of our team in Cambridge. If you’re interested in a rare opportunity to support and maintain our IT infrastructure and demanding user base in a rapidly growing and innovative organisation, then this is for you.
Every day will be different, but some of your responsibilities will include:
- Providing IT assistance to the management, development, manufacturing and commercial teams
- Working collaboratively within the IT Support Team to ensure that all aspects of IT infrastructure and computers meet the needs of our demanding users in a fast-paced environment
Naturally, you’ll be keen to start or continue a career in IT. You’ll have a practical, hands-on and flexible approach, and you’ll be a great team player and happy to throw yourself into a fast-paced, non-hierarchical environment. We’re also looking for you to be:
- A good communicator and organiser, and able to build and sustain productive working relationships with colleagues
- A proactive problem solver, able to ask questions and get information to correctly diagnose computer problems and understand what level of support is needed when a problem is presented
- Willing to take responsibility and manage your own time and tasks
- Able to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
You’ll have in-depth knowledge of:
- Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating system and General user support
And knowledge of:
- Windows Server 2012R2
- Networking, including subnets, VLAN, DHCP and DNS
- PC and laptop hardware
- Programming (Python, PowerShell or BASH)
- Network Attached Storage (Synology, iSCSI)
- Some knowledge of server hardware, Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS) and SSH, Office356
We’d also want you to have at least a 2.1 degree in a relevant subject from a top university. CMR will provide on the job training if needed. With two sites to look after, we also need you to have a driving licence.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
Cambridge Medical Robotics is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery, significantly enhanced flexibility, and incorporates haptic feedback to provide surgeons with life-like sensitivity. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.