We have a great job for a dedicated, responsive and ambitious Lead IT Engineer as part of our team in Cambridge. If you’re interested in a rare opportunity to develop, support and maintain IT infrastructure and user base in a rapidly growing and innovative engineering team, then this is for you.
Every day will be different, but some of your responsibilities will include:
- Support the Business Operations Manager in devising IT strategy to serve growing management, engineering and commercial teams
- Leading the development of IT services & infrastructure to meet the needs of our demanding users & customers in a fast-paced environment
Naturally, you’ll have a practical, hands-on and flexible approach, and you’ll be a great team player and happy to throw yourself into a fast-paced, non-hierarchical environment. We’re also looking for you to be:
- A good communicator and organiser, and able to build and sustain productive working relationships with colleagues
- A proactive problem solver, able to ask questions and get information to correctly diagnose computer problems and understand what level of support is needed when a problem is presented
- Willing to take responsibility and manage your own time and demonstrate strong leadership skills, the ability to evaluate solutions, services and assess the needs for improvement of the IT infrastructure
- Able to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
- Great at building relationships with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contracts to ensure services meet expected levels.
- Confident in undertaking strategic commercial analysis required to justify any change from current architecture together with service benefits to be gained such as resilience, flexibility, scalability and business agility
You’ll have in-depth experience and knowledge of:
- Infrastructure projects specification and delivery
- Understanding of cloud solutions and technologies
- Physical/virtual IT infrastructure & services; including multiple technologies and the elements of an end to end service (workstation, application, network, virtualisation, storage)
- Specifying, creating, and delivering IT infrastructure projects to meet critical business needs; with a particular focus on project work, from initial design / architect new solutions through to hands-on implementation
- New technology deployment at new sites supporting business expansion both in the UK and internationally
- Maintaining and monitoring network, security and computer management systems and will be taking a lead on key projects for system builds and modifications
- Working in a hosted/virtualised services environment (infrastructure networks, hardware, software)
- Software development processes, IT technology, cloud infrastructure; (combined with an ability and willingness to hands-on problem solve)
Technologies in use:
- Windows Server 2012R2 / Hyper-V
- Ubuntu, Centos, Windows 10
- Networking, including subnets, WLAN, VLAN, DHCP and DNS, firewall configuration
- AWS & Google Cloud Services
- Office365, Salesforce, Pardot, Jira, Confluence, Teamcity & associated cloud services
- PC and laptop hardware, Apple hardware, Android phones, server hardware, Cisco/Sophos firewalls, Synology hardware
- Python, PowerShell, BASH scripting
- Network Attached Storage (Synology, iSCSI, Nasuni)
We’d also want you to have a 1st or 2.1 degree in a relevant subject from top university. You should have at least 5 years relevant industry experience. With two sites to look after, we also need you to have a driving licence.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
Cambridge Medical Robotics is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery, and significantly enhanced flexibility. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.