We’re looking for a bright, ambitious engineer to join our growing manufacturing team, integrating, testing and establishing manufacturing of our cutting-edge robotic technology for keyhole surgery.
You’ll be a key member of a multi-disciplinary manufacturing team, responsible for testing and integrating innovative and complex electro-mechanical products and systems, and as such can expect to be working on:
- The transfer from development to production of established designs and test methodologies
- Delivering project tasks within agreed time-scales and budget
- Writing test protocols and maintaining configuration control records
- Implementing appropriate test and Inspection methods (with both internal and external partners)
- Identifying and working to implement improvements in production work flows and testing methodologies (with both internal and external partners)
- Carrying out validation as required for equipment, process and inspections
Naturally you’ll have industry experience, ideally in a regulated medical or aerospace production environment, as well as a relevant engineering degree. A strong working knowledge of cGMP is essential and experience of process improvement techniques would be ideal.
We’re also looking for you to have experience in some, or all, of the below:
- Assembly of complex electro-mechanical products
- First article inspection of mechanical components, including documentation
- Testing / commissioning / debugging of integrated electro-mechanical assemblies, including documentation
- Generation of detailed assembly and test protocol documentation
- Lab management activities – component stocking, tool storage and management, ordering and specifying of consumables
- The management of calibration and maintenance of test and measurement equipment
- The requirements of implementing KPI’s
- Carrying out non-conformance investigations in line with the defined CAPA process
- The requirements of change control and documentation control
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
Cambridge Medical Robotics is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery, significantly enhanced flexibility, and incorporates haptic feedback to provide surgeons with life-like sensitivity. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.