We’ve got a role for an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive manager to lead our People Team (in other companies our People Team might be known as HR, but we think people are people… not resources) to support our rapidly growing business and ensure than CMR is a supportive and caring employer.
You’ll be leading and working closely with our small but busy People Team. The role will be hands-on and with responsibilities such as:
- Recruitment: Managing the overall recruitment process, from working with hiring managers to define emerging roles to facilitating an effective and innovative sourcing strategy within tight timeframes
- Learning & Development: Onboarding and induction of new staff, working with line managers to identify training needs, sourcing appropriate training courses and supporting professional accreditation
- Developing & maintaining efficient systems to manage employee records, benefits administration and compliance to quality training
- Developing effective strategic initiatives and associated policies to assist CMR to be a supportive and caring employer; providing advice on employee relations issues, keeping all policies up to date with current employment law and ensure staff retention levels continue at a very high level
- Varied tasks to assist executive team and senior managers continue to grow the business into international markets from a People Team perspective
You’ll be an experienced people orientated human resources professional, who’s keen to support CMR’s desire to really develop and value its people. You are likely to have at least 5 years of HR business partner or generalist HR experience, in addition to a good degree or equivalent experience.
Of course you’ll be well-organised, engaging, enthusiastic, diligent and reliable. Above all you’ll be a top-notch team-player, comfortable working in a non-hierarchical environment and prepared to do whatever is required to get the job done.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
Cambridge Medical Robotics is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery, significantly enhanced flexibility, and incorporates haptic feedback to provide surgeons with life-like sensitivity. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.