Mechanical Integration and Test Engineer
An opportunity for a bright, ambitious engineer to join our Mechanical team to help integrate, test and develop new robotic technology for use in minimally invasive surgery.
- Make specific contributions and manage tasks as part of a multi-disciplinary product development team
- Testing and integration of innovative and complex electro-mechanical products and systems
- Develop and implement creative solutions based on different technologies and key requirements
- Deliver project tasks within agreed time-scales and budget
- Writing test protocols and maintaining configuration control records
Experience and Qualifications
We expect candidates to hold a qualification in a relevant engineering discipline, supported by appropriate industry experience.
Our ideal candidates would have some or all of the following skills and experience:
- Build of electro-mechanical sub-assemblies
- First article inspection of mechanical components, including documentation
- Mechanical rework (repair / modification)
- Testing / commissioning of integrated electro-mechanical assemblies, including documentation
- Supporting the testing / commissioning / debugging of integrated mechatronic assemblies, including documentation
- Generation of assembly documentation
- Lab management activities – component stocking, tool storage and management, ordering and specifying of consumables
- Mechanical, optical and sensing component management (stock levels, ordering etc.)
- Developing, documenting, building and executing test rigs e.g. life tests, commissioning test. Using Labview.
- Management / maintenance of test and measurement equipment