PCB Design Engineer
We’re looking for a talented, ambitious and enthusiastic PCB design engineer to join our team in Cambridge as we develop state-of-the-art robotics for key-hole surgery. If you’re experienced in designing complex boards mixing power, analogue and high speed digital, and if you want to be part of a growing and ambitious team, then we want to hear from you.
The role would cover complex board design, as well as:
- Schematic capture using hierarchical designs and sheet re-use
- Understanding complex layout requirements alongside electronics engineers
- Layout of tightly integrated power, analogue and high speed digital circuits
- Rapid turnaround of prototype PCBs
- Working with mechanical engineers to review mechanical constraints and PCB outlines
- Managing component libraries and standardising PCB templates
- Corresponding with third parties to optimise manufacturability
Naturally you’ll have experience (ideally at least 3 years) in designing complex boards mixing power, analogue and high speed digital. We’d also like you to have familiarity with multi-disciplinary product design processes, and clearly you’ll have to be as keen as we are to work to the highest possible standards. We’re also looking for you to have:
- Experienced in multi-layer, BGA escapement, DDR routing, and advanced technologies such as flex / flexi-ridgid; blind vias; buried vias
- Experience managing component database
- Expert user in a modern PCB CAD tool, Altium strongly preferred (at least basic Altium skills are necessary for the role)
- Experience working under formal change control would be an advantage
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, private medical, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
Cambridge Medical Robotics is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery, significantly enhanced flexibility, and incorporates haptic feedback to provide surgeons with life-like sensitivity. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.