We’ve got a job for an energetic, capable and proactive project co-ordinator, providing administration and supply chain support to the engineering and manufacturing teams. Could you bring enthusiasm and organisation to the creative and ambitious work of our world-class engineers as we develop cutting-edge surgical robotics?
You’ll be part of a close-knit and dynamic team, bringing an organising hand to supplier liaison, data management and documentation. This will include:
- Management of Bills of Materials and configuration control documentation
- Mechanical and electronic component purchasing
- Procurement tracking and build co-ordination
- Assistance in supplier selection and auditing
- Facilitating the flow of project information throughout the project team
- Raising purchase orders to support the procurement of key components
- Updating procurement tracking and inventory tracking tools
- Note taking and documenting assistance in design reviews, risk assessments etc.
- Maintaining stock and organisation of office and workshop supplies
Naturally, you’ll be reliable, responsible and organised with a keen eye for detail. You’ll be as keen as we are to work to the highest possible standards, and a great team player. We’re also looking for you to have:
- Experience in supplier selection, component procurement processes
- Experience in supplier auditing under ISO13485 or in similar regulated environment
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively alongside multi-skilled engineering teams
- Familiarity with engineering design and development processes
- A flexible working style that won’t be daunted by a fast-paced working environment, or by a wide range of tasks
- A polite, articulate and confident telephone manner
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
Cambridge Medical Robotics is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery, significantly enhanced flexibility, and incorporates haptic feedback to provide surgeons with life-like sensitivity. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.