Working from our Cambridge HQ, could you hold a key position within our Quality Department to help manage, maintain, uphold, monitor and improve our quality management system?
We’re looking for someone who will be passionate about helping us deliver quality in everything we do. In this role, you’ll:
- Implement the defined quality processes, procedures and principles across the business
- Work with various stakeholders (including suppliers, developers, manufacturing, customers and regulatory bodies) to facilitate corrective action and resolve quality issues as appropriate
- Maintain our document management system
- Help to manage and improve quality metrics
- Train and coach others in best practice and the required levels required to maintain conformance with the quality management system and regulatory requirements
- Provide support to incoming inspection and test and outgoing product audit
- Create a culture of continuous improvement
Naturally, given what we do as a company, you’ll have a sound working knowledge of medical device manufacture within an accredited ISO 13485 quality management system or similar regulated industry. We’d also like you to have:
- Understanding of precision electro-mechanical manufacturing and assembly methods and has some knowledge of related key processes
- Basic working knowledge of electronics and mechanics
- Familiarity with document management, software, internal auditing and supplier assessment
- The ability to demonstrate a hands-on approach to quality engineering and you won’t be afraid to get involved with any issues as they arise
- A dynamic and proactive outlook with strong problem-solving skills
- The willingness to take responsibility and effectively manage your time and tasks to meet deliverables on time
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to process lots of data and information, extract facts, determine a course of action and implement it
- The capacity to mentor, counsel, encourage and motivate others to deliver their best
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, life assurance, private medical, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme and discretionary bonuses subject to corporate milestone achievements, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
Cambridge Medical Robotics is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery, significantly enhanced flexibility, and incorporates haptic feedback to provide surgeons with life-like sensitivity. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.