We're looking for a bright, ambitious engineer to join our mechanical team to help integrate, test and develop new robotic technology for use in minimally invasive surgery that can make life better for millions of people.
- Make specific contributions and manage tasks as part of a multi-disciplinary product development team
- Test and integration of innovative and complex electro-mechanical products and systems
- Develop and implement creative solutions based on different technologies and key requirements
- Deliver project tasks within agreed time-scales and budget
- Writing test protocols and maintaining configuration control records
Naturally, you’ll have both a qualification in a relevant engineering discipline and the appropriate industry experience, however we’d love you to be able to bring your relevant experience in the following to this role:
- Build of electro-mechanical sub-assemblies
- First article inspection of mechanical components, including documentation
- Mechanical rework (repair / modification)
- Testing / commissioning of integrated electro-mechanical assemblies, including documentation
- Supporting the testing / commissioning / debugging of integrated mechatronic assemblies, including documentation
- Generation of assembly documentation
- Lab management activities – component stocking, tool storage and management, ordering and specifying of consumables
- Mechanical, optical and sensing component management (stock levels, ordering etc.)
- Developing, documenting, building and executing test rigs e.g. life tests, commissioning test. Using Labview.
- Management / maintenance of test and measurement equipment
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and childcare vouchers, and our now famous monthly company BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Why join us?
Cambridge Medical Robotics is developing a next-generation robotic system for universal keyhole surgery. The Versius system comprises a surgeon console, modular light-weight robotic arms and a range of wristed 5 mm instruments. The system uses state-of-the-art 3D high-definition imagery, significantly enhanced flexibility, and incorporates haptic feedback to provide surgeons with life-like sensitivity. In short, we’re creating something truly amazing designed to improve the lives of people around the globe; it’s a vision that excites us and hopefully will excite you.
Versius overcomes obstacles to widespread adoption of robotic minimal access surgery, namely robot size, instrument size, versatility, port placement, cost and ease of use, allowing the system to be highly utilised and ultimately cost-comparable to manual laparoscopic surgery.
The Company was formed in 2014 and has its headquarters in Cambridge, United Kingdom. We’re privately owned and enjoy strong financial backing.